For a longer lasting tan follow these tips:
BEFORE YOUR TAN:
- Exfoliate your body 24 hours before your spray tan, paying special attention to knees, elbows, and heels. This helps your tan last longer and develop evenly
- Wax or shave at least 24 hour prior to being spray tanned
- Shower before your spray tan to remove moisturiser, deodorant, perfume or make-up
- Remove all jewellery
- Have dark, loose clothing ready to wear after your spray tan
- Make sure the area that you request the spray tan therapist to setup has plenty of light. Even find an extra free stand light. The better the lighting, the better your tan.
AFTER YOUR TAN:
To allow the tan to dry completely:
- Do not wear tight clothing or a bra for four hours – for best results wear dark loose clothing whilst your tan is developing
- Do not scratch or rub your body for four hours
- Do not shower or apply moisturiser after the application until the recommended time given to you by your therapist, which will depend on the chosen tan you requested
- Avoid exercise that may cause perspiration for at least eight hours following application
- Do not apply moisturiser, deodorant, make up or perfume for at least eight hours following application, again for the same reason (unless you opt for the express spray tan)
- Avoid coming into contact with rain/water until first shower
- The first shower after the application excess tint will be visible, this is normal
- After each shower, pat your skin dry with your towel rather than rubbing, as rubbing in itself is a mild form of exfoliation, which will prematurely fade the tan
- Moisturise twice a day (this will extend the quality and duration of the tan)
- Do not shave or wax following the tan application
- We also recommend that you avoid swimming in chlorinated pools, soaking in spas or spending time in saunas, as these actions will fade the tan prematurely
- Exfoliate towards the end of the tan (after about 4-7 days) this will also help to remove tan.
Feel free to contact Bonnie Bella and ask any questions about our service or treatment.